- She stopped singing the orgasmic “Love to Love You Baby” in 1979 as she re-devoted herself to Christianity. “If I were to do that song like I did it in the old days, the fire department would have to be at the show,” she said.
- She was inspired to write “She Works Hard for the Money”—on a piece of toilet paper—after seeing a sleeping bathroom attendant at a Grammys party.
- “I Found the Answer,” by Mahalia Jackson, inspired her to sing at age 8.
- Among her favorite songs, and the one she chose to sing when she was alone: “What’s Going On” by Marvin Gaye.
- Those around her never stopped calling her “the Queen.” “It started off as a joke but now they do it and it just sounds like part of my name,” she said.
Click through for the full list.